5 Qualities All Great Logos Have
February 17, 2016 | Advertising, Marketing | No Comments|
The right logo is something that you will print on packaging, use in advertising and if all goes well, you will look at it for years to come. But how do you make sure you design a logo that will work for the long haul? These five qualities are an excellent place to start.
- Simple – Think Nike Swoosh, Apple’s Apple and other memorable logos—these are very simple. You want something that your customers could draw or recreate themselves.
- Memorable – A great logo is something that will not be forgotten. Even the logos from your childhood are stuck in your brain because they were designed for easy memory.
- Scalable – When designing your logo, think about something that will look great in tiny print on a smartphone as well as blown up to a huge size on a billboard. Even if you do not plan to do it right away, you never know what the future will hold.
- Timeless – Do not choose a logo element that ties you to a particular time or place. The best logos are designed for the long haul. Think about whether your logo will be as appropriate in 20 years as it is today.
- Suitable – The logo for “Barbie” is vastly different from the one for Harley Davidson Motorcycles. One oozes sweetness and youth while the other is “cool”. Think about your audience and design your logo for those who will ultimately buy or use your product or service.
Now that you know what you want from a logo, it is time to choose the one that will serve as the face your business presents to the world. Just make sure you choose something you like. Think about Coca-Cola’s scrolling white script on a red background—it has represented the brand for close to 130 years!